Who doesn’t love a great pudding?
- 1.5kg apples, peeled and cut into chunks
- 60g coconut sugar
- 2tsp vanilla
- 260g raw millet
- 2tbsp coconut oil
- 720ml almond milk
- 45g desiccated coconut
- 3tbsp maple syrup
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- Pre-heat the oven and line a round baking tin. Place the apples in a pot over a medium heat, add the sugar, 1tsp vanilla and cook for 15minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse the millet under cold running water and place in a separate pot. Add the coconut oil, pour in the milk and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, pop on the lid and simmer for 20minutes.
- Mix in the remaining vanilla, coconut flakes and maple into the cooked millet.
- Spoon half of the millet into the bottom of the lined tin, gently press down. Top with cooked apples and sprinkle with half the cinnamon. Place the remaining millet on top and sprinkle the remaining cinnamon.
- Cover the tin with baking foil and place in the oven for 30minutes. Increase the temperature to 220c and bake for a further 15minutes. Leave to cool.