A twist on a traditional curry. Bursting with flavour.
- 270g basmati rice
- 2 star anise
- 1tbsp coconut oil
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 1tbsp ginger, grated
- 2tbsp thai yellow curry paste
- 1tsp coconut sugar
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 2 courgettes, chopped
- 300g green beans, halved
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 120ml veg stock
- 2tbsp tamari
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 2tbsp roasted peanuts, chopped
- Cook the rice according to instruction, adding the star anise with the water.
- Meanwhile, heat the coconut oil over a medium heat, add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the ginger and curry paste, along with the sugar and cook for a further minute.
- Now add the peppers, courgette and green beans and cook for 3-4minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and veg stock and simmer for 5minutes.
- Add the tamari and squeeze in the lime juice, taste, add more lime if needed.
- Remove the star anise from the rice, fluff it up and add the lime zest. Serve with a scattering of nuts.