A lovely warm salad that can be enjoyed right away or served cold later.
- 300g squash, peeled and diced
- 2tbsp oil
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 8 gherkins, sliced
- 30g pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 2tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- Dressing – 2tbsp oil
- 1tbsp maple
- 1tbsp dijon mustard
- Toss the squash in oil and season. Spread onto a lined baking sheet and roast for around 30minutes. Remove to cool.
- Meanwhile, toast the seeds and pine nuts in a dry pan, moving them constantly to stop them from burning.
- Combine them with the squash along with the tomato and gherkin.
- Mix the dressing and toss with the salad. Serve immediately.