I love salads. They work as lunches, light dinners and great on the go. This one is also ideal as a side.
- For the chickpeas – 1 tin chickpeas, drained
- 1tbsp oil
- 1/2tsp paprika
- 1/4tsp cayenne
- Couscous – 125g dry couscous
- ½ cucumber, chopped
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- Handful black olives
- 4tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2tsp oregano
- (You could also use the cashew butter dressing with this)
- Cook the couscous according to instructions.
- Place the chickpeas in a bowl with their ingredient, mix and spread onto a lined baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 15mins. Remove and stir, then replace to bake for a further 10minutes.
- Once cooked, add the chickpeas to the couscous with all remaining salad ingredient and serve.