An alternative to fried rice dishes and packed with flavour, this is a lovely light supper or perfect for lunch on the go.
- Dressing – 2tbsp olive oil
- 3tbsp tamari
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1tbsp grated ginger
- 2tbsp miso
- Rice – 500g brown rice
- 120g walnuts
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1tbsp oil
- 80g shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2tsp vegan butter
- 1tbsp miso
- 4 spring onions sliced
- Mix all dressing ingredient together and set aside.
- Cook rice according to instructions.
- Place broccoli on a baking sheet and roast for around 7 minutes. Remove.
- Meanwhile, put the walnuts in a blender and pulse until they become a crumble, do not over process.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the onion and mushrooms, cook for around 3 minutes then add the butter, miso and walnuts.
- Next add the rice and cook for a further 3minutes.
- Lastly add the sauce and toss until combined. Serve with a scattering of spring onion.