What a sticky, delicious way to serve aubergine. Such a treat.
- 2 aubergines, cut into chunks
- 1tsp Salt
- 1tbsp corn starch
- 2tbsp coconut oil
- 1tsp ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 chilli, chopped
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1tbsp sesame seeds
- Lime wedges to serve
- Sauce – 2tbsp tamari
- 1tbsp rice vinegar
- 2tbsp water
- 1tsp cornstarch
- 1tsp coconut sugar
- Place the aubergine and salt in a bowl and set aside for 15minutes (the salt will draw out any moisture).
- Meanwhile mix the sauce ingredient together and set aside.
- Pat the aubergine dry, toss in cornstarch.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan and fry the aubergine until brown on the outside and soft in the centre. Remove from the pan.
- In the same pan add the ginger, garlic and chilli and fry for one minutes. Return the aubergine to the pan and pour over the sauce, tossing until covered. Serve with lime wedges and rice.