I love a fresh, crunchy salad. This one using purple sprouting broccoli is a sure favourite if you love a little bitter sweet. If you don’t have purple sprouting, simply use tenderstem.
- 1 small squash, diced and roasted
- 150g purple sprouting broccoli, stalks removed
- 100g quinoa
- 200ml veg stock
- Dressing – 1tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1tsp French mustard
- 1tsp honey
- Peel and dice the squash, toss in 1tbsp oil and roast in the oven until the edges are turning brown – around 30minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse the quinoa in a sieve under running water then place it in a pot, cover with stock and pop on the lid to simmer for around 10minutes or until the stock is absorbed.
- Fill a bowl with boiling water and place the broccoli into it, leaving it for around 2minutes before draining. Mix the dressing.
- When the squash and quinoa have cooled, toss them together in a bowl along with the broccoli and dressing. Store in the fridge.