A fabulous twist on a samosa. Some lightly spiced rolls that will warm you on the coldest of nights.
- 2tbsp oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2tsp mild curry powder
- 1tsp mustard seeds
- 1tsp fennel seeds
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- 2tbsp water
- 1 tin black eyed beans, rinsed
- 1 large squash, peeled, diced and oven roasted
- 2 sheets ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg (unless vegan, then use almond milk)
- Peel and chop the butternut squash, placing it on a roasting try and tossing in 1tbsp oil. Bake for around 40mins.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a pot and cook the onion and garlic until soft. Stir in the spices until fragrant. Add the water and mix until it becomes a paste.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the beans and roasted squash. Mash roughly with a masher.
- Unroll the pastry, cut into thirds. Put 2large tbsp of mix toward the left edge of each piece. Mix the egg roughly with a fork, then brush it along the edges, folding them over and pressing them to meet all around. Finally brush the egg on the surface. Place on a lined tray and bake for 15minutes. Serve with salad.