A true winter warmer and with snow on the horizon, I need a bowl of this.
For all you out there on the healthier path, it is full of proteins and healthy fats.
- 1tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- 1 400g carton chopped tomatoes
- 200g red lentils
- 600ml veg stock
- 1 400g carton chickpeas
- 1 can coconut milk
- Fry the onion and cumin seeds until fragrant and browning.
- Add the stock, tomatoes and lentils.
- Simmer until the lentils are cooked thorough, then blitz until smooth. Stir in the chickpeas and coconut milk.
- TIP – Make it a dinner by serving with homemade flat breads