This creamy, sweet curry is the perfect weekend treat. Use fresh vegetables or a meat substitute.
- 2tbsp oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 7 cardemon
- 6 cloves
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 thumb sized piece ginger, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1tsp nutmeg
- 1/2tsp turmeric
- 70g cashews
- 70g ground almonds
- 2 tins coconut
- 2tbsp maple
- Heat the oil and gently fry the cardamon and cloves.
- Stir in the onion, garlic and ginger and cook for a few minutes. Add the bay leaf, nutmeg and turmeric.
- Remove from the heat and tip into a blender along with the cashews, ground almonds and tinned coconut milk. Blitz to a paste.
- Pour back into the pan and stir through the maple along with your chosen veg or meat substitute. I love to roast some diced sweet potato and stir it through. Serve with rice and lettuce leaf wraps