I love lentils. They are so versatile and give long lasting energy. This bake is packed with flavour and can be made ahead of time which is perfect if you’re having one of those weeks.
- 12oz red lentils
- 1200ml boiling water
- 2tbsp oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 small squash, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 2 peppers, diced
- 2 cartons green lentils
- 2tsp paprika
- 4tbsp soy sauce
- 2tbsp tomato puree
- 200ml veg stock
- Topping – sliced tomatoes, mozzarella balls and mixed seeds
- Pour the lentils into a pot, cover in the boiling water and bring to the boil. Cover and reduce to a simmer until water has been absorbed.
- In another pot, heat the oil and cook the onion, squash and pepper until soft. Add all remaining ingredient (ext topping) and stir in the cooked lentils.
- Pour into an oven proof dish. Layer the sliced tomatoes and mozzarella across the top until covered. Sprinkle with seeds and pop into the oven for 30mins or until hot and bubbling on top. Serve with salad.