Another great one pot wonder.
- 3tbsp oil
- 8 chicken thighs
- 3 onions, sliced
- 3 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2tbsp fennel seeds
- 400g orzo
- 1ltr chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 small bunch of dill, chopped
- to serve – 2 lemons, sliced in wedges
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottom casserole dish and fry the chicken until browning.
- Add the onion, garlic, celery, carrot and fennel seeds. Cook until lightly browned.
- Add the orzo and stir. Pour in the hot stock. Bring to the boil and put in the oven for around 40mins. Checking half way to stir. Remove when all stock absorbed, sprinkle with dill and serve with lemon and salad