This is one fab way to eat aubergine, without the kids knowing it’s in there. Sneaky, I know. It also tastes delicious!!
- 3 aubergines, rubbed in oil
- 3tbsp oil
- 2tsp cumin seeds
- 2 onions, diced
- 7 garlic cloves, grated
- 3 inch piece of ginger, grated
- 6 tomatoes, diced
- 2 cartons chopped tomatoes
- 1tsp ground turmeric
- 2tsp cumin
- 1tsp coriander
- 1tbsp maple
- Fresh coriander to serve
- Rub the aubergines in oil, pop in a roasting tray and cook in the oven for around 30mins – until the skin is black and bubbling. Remove.
- Heat the 3tbsp oil in a pot until hottttt, stir in the cumin seeds and cook for 1min.
- Turn heat down and add the onion, cook until soft. Slice the aubergines in half and scoop out the flesh and transfer to the pot.
- Add the diced tomatoes and simmer with a lid on for 10mins. Add the cartons of tomatoes, the dry spices and simmer for a remaining 10mins. Serve with rice and flat bread.