Another of my ‘anything goes’ hot pots !!
- 1 packet of sausages (meat free, chicken or meat)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 stick of celery chopped
- 2cloves garlic, crushed.
- Small tin of sweet corn
- Small tin of baked beans-with juice
- Tin of cannellini beans with juice
- Two cartons of chopped tomatoes
- A few green beans chopped – plus anything else that is available or that you need to use up !!
- 2tsps smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp.tomato purée
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Put 2/4 tbsps oil in the bottom of a large saucepan.
- Add the onion and the garlic and cook until soft and lightly browned.
- Meanwhile divide and fry the sausages until nicely browned. Chop and add to the saucepan together with all the beans, the sweet corn and the chopped tomato.Cook, stirring, for about 5 mins.
- Add the paprika, chilli, tomato purée.
- Season well and allow to simmer for 30 mins, or store overnight to help develop the flavours. Serve in bowls with fresh crusty bread.