I love a warm fresh pasta, this can be meaty or vegetarian and is ready in no time.
- Penne for 4.
- 1 onion, finely chopped.
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed.
- 4 rashers of bacon, diced.
- 6 spears of asparagus cut into 3cm. lengths.
- 300g. frozen peas.
- Rind and juice of 1 lemon.
- 1 tsp. basil pesto.
- Toasted pine nuts.
- Grated Parmesan
- Olive oil.
- Salad and crusty bread to serve
- Put 4 tablespoons of olive in the base of a large saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft but not brown.
- Add the bacon and cook rapidly until done (omit this stage for vegetarian version) Add the frozen peas and asparagus. Cook for 2/3 mins
- Add the rind and juice of 1 lemon. Season well.
- Loosen with a little of the pasta cooking water, if needed.
- Sprinkle in the pine nuts and serve with salad, Parmesan and crusty bread.