These one pot dishes absolutely rock my world. There is nothing better than a dish that improves with time andddddd has a side of couscous.
- 6/8 boneless thighs – you can use breast, or even cooked chicken
- 1tbsp Olive oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp each of – cumin seeds, ground coriander, ground ginger ,ground
- cinnamon, ground turmeric.
- 1/2tsp chilli powder
- 1/4tsp ground nutmeg
- 375 ml chicken stock
- 250ml water
- 70 grams stoned dates.
- 70grms apricots
- Tbsp honey
- 80grms roasted blanched almonds
- Fresh coriander
- Cut the chicken in bite-sized pieces and fry in oil until nicely browned, then remove from the heat.
- Put all the onion, garlic and spices in the remaining oil and cook gently until soft.
- Return the chicken to the pan with the stock and water and simmer for around an hour. Remove the lid and simmer for about 30mins. By this time the mixture should be thickened slightly and the chicken soft.
- Add the honey, apricots, dates and roasted nuts. Sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve with couscous (and flatbreads, if you like)
- This particular dish keeps well in the fridge for a couple of days, in fact the flavours come together and improve.