This is a warm, filling stew. If you like you could add chicken but I use the big broccoli heads as the meaty base.
- 2tbsp oil
- 3 cartons of cooked green lentils
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 3tbsp cider vinegar
- 2tbsp soy
- 3tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 300ml veg stock
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 2tsp thyme and oregano
- 700g potatoes, boiled
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 handful chopped parsley
- Put the potatoes on to boil.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pot and cook the onion, carrot and garlic until soft.
- Stir in broccoli, vinegar, soy, balsamic, stock, coconut milk and herbs. Simmer for 30mins.
- When potatoes are tender, drain, mash with the seasoning, olive oil and parsley.
- Serve with a spoonful of mash, making a hole in the middle and spooning the stew into the hole.