A real winter warmer. So packed with flavour and those every nutritious whole earth veg.
- 1tbsp oil
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1.5kg potatoes, quartered
- 4 large carrots, halved and sliced
- 1 carton green lentils, rinsed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1ltr chicken stock
- 100g peas
- Heat the oil in a big pot and toss in the chicken. Let cook for five minutes until it begins to brown.
- Add everything else and bring to the boil. Pop on a lid and let simmer for 45mins-1hr.
- Give it a quick mash to break it up a little more and if you like your thicker, let it simmer with the lid off for a while longer.