This was one of those accidently yummy recipes. I had to make a last minute dinner without prep and looked at what I had to use. So this is fast, easy and totally yummy.
- 1tbsp coconut oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 thumb sized pieces ginger, grated
- 3tbsp thai red paste
- 3 peppers, cubed
- 6 carrots, cut in matchsticks
- 100g green beans
- 1 small squash, peeled and diced
- 1 tin coconut milk (half can of water also)
- 1tsp turmeric
- 2tbsp maple syrup
- 5 rounds of udon noodles
- Toss the diced squash in oil and pop on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 40mins until soft and slightly charred at the edges.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pot and cook the onion, garlic and ginger until soft.
- Stir in the paste for one min. Add the peppers, carrots and beans along with the coconut milk, water, turmeric and maple.
- Pop on the lid and simmer while you cook the noodles. Mix in the cooked squash and noodles and serve.