Ok, so I have recently gone dairy free for my skin, but there was no way I was living without the best things ever such as cake and muffins!
The best thing about this cake is it only uses full nutrient, natural sweeteners and cacao, so it is bursting with goodness.
- 120g plain flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2tbsp cacao
- 5 eggs (separated)
- 100ml maple syrup
- 80ml oil
- 1tsp vanilla
- 75mls water
- Pinch of salt
- Mix the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate and cacao.
- In another bowl, mix the oil, maple, vanilla, water and yolks and beat until pale.
- Mix this with the flour mix.
- In another bowl, add the salt to the egg whites and beat until fluffy.
- Gently stir this into the chocolate mix and pour into a lined cake tin. Bake for 40mins.