This is a lovely smooth curry with sweet carrot and filling potato.
- 2tbsp oil
- 2 onions, diced
- Large chunk of ginger
- 9 garlic cloves
- 1tbsp corriander
- 2tbsp cumin
- 2tbsp garam masala
- 2tbsp tomato puree
- 2 cartons green lentils
- 400g carrots, halved and sliced
- 800g potato (white or sweet) diced
- Rice to serve
- Heat 1tbsp oil in a pot and cook the onion until soft.
- Meanwhile, power boil the potato until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Pop the ginger, garlic, spices, puree and the remaining oil in a blender and blitz.
- Add the onion and a splash of water and blitz to a paste.
- Stir the paste in a pot until warm. Add the potato, lentils and carrot and bring to a simmer. Cook for around 30mins. Serve with rice.