I love a great curry, and even moreso, one that comes together pretty fast and tastes better the longer it sits.
- 800g potatoes, diced
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2tsp mustard seeds
- 2tsp cumin seeds
- 6 lime leaves
- 2 large onions, diced
- 4 large tomatoes, diced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- thumbsized piece of ginger, chopped
- 1tsp turmeric
- 150g red lentils
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 1tsp sugar
- Pop the diced potatoes into boil water and simmer until tender – around 15minutes.
- Heat oil until hot and stir in the mustard seeds until popping. Turn down the heat and stir in the cumin seeds and lime leaves.
- Add the onion and ginger and cook until soft. Stir in tomatoes and turmeric.
- Drain potatoes and stir into the mix with the lentils, stock and sugar. Simmer for 15mins longer. Serve with salad and flat bread.