Fennel is just bursting with qualities such as anti inflammatory, digestive easing and flatulence reducing benefits. Basically – it rocks.
- 2tbsp oil
- 2 fennel bulbs, cut in wedges
- 300g assorted tomatoes (cherry and on the vine etc)
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 onions, roughly cut
- 6 garlic cloves, whole
- 600g potatoes, cut in chunks
- 3 large sprigs of rosemary
- 1 carton passata (plus refilled with water)
- 1 carton butter beans
- 1 beetroot, sliced
- Toss all the chopped veg, rosemary and garlic in the oil in a roasting tray. Pop in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove and pour over the passata, water and stir in the beans and beetroot. Return to the oven for a further 40minutes, stirring occasionally.