I love a saucy chicken dish. This one is so sweet and tangy and goes beautifully with potato.
- 1tbsp oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 leek, sliced
- 8 chicken thighs
- 2oz butter
- 1tbsp butter
- A splash of milk
- 1tsp wholegrain mustard
- Salad and broccoli to serve
- Heat the oil in a pot and fry the onion, pepper and leeks until soft.
- Add the chicken and cook, turning, until brown. Put into an ovenproof dish.
- Now make the sauce – melt the butter and stir in the flour. Add the milk, a little at a time until the mixture begins to thicken. Stir in the mustard and seasoning and remove from the heat.
- Pour over the chicken mixture and pop in the oven until nicely browned. Serve with broccoli and salad.