I love lentils of every kind. They give body almost like a meat and are so rich with flavour. This is such a simple dish to put together and the balsamic gives it real bite. Great for mid week.
- 1tbsp oil
- 4 red onions, diced
- 2 packs of cooked puy lentils (I use Merchant Gourmet)
- 100g red lentils
- 1tsp dry rosemary
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 3tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 900g sweet/white potato, peeled and boiled
- 50g cheese, grated
- Heat the oil and stew the onion for up to 10mins. Add the lentils, stock, vinegar and rosemary. Pop on a lid and simmer for 20mins.
- Meanwhile, peel, dice and boil the potato. Spoon the lentils into a pie dish.
- Drain, mash and season the potato. Spoon on top of the pie. Grate over cheese and pop in the oven for 20mins. Serve with boiled greens and salad.