The tradition of this tart is so lovely. With instant pastry it’s quick and easy too
- 1 ready roll short crust pastry
- 5 potatoes, cooked
- 3tbsp oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 3 courgettes, sliced
- 5 eggs
- 4oz grated cheese
- Sprinkling of sage leaves
- Line a dish with the pastry (sometimes you have to tear and join it but that adds to the rustic effect). Prick and blind bake for 15-20mins.
- Remove the baking beans and bake for 10mins longer.
- Meanwhile, slice the cooked potatoes and fry in oil until golden. Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
- Slice the leeks and pop into the pan and fry until soft. Remove and drain.
- Slice the courgette and fry. Remove and drain.
- Now assemble in layers in the pastry case, seasoning each layer as you go. Start with the leeks, then potato, then courgette. Keep going. Beat the eggs with 5tbsp water and seasoning. Pour over the layers. Top with cheese. Sprinkle with sage leaves. Bake for around 30mins. Serve with salad.