I adore risotto, of any sort. Once you realise the formula for making the rice smooth, you can add just about anything. This has fresh spring like flavours which we just love in our house.
- 1tbsp oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 500g risotto rice
- 1.5ltrs of vegetable stock
- 150g frozen peas
- 1 lemon, zested
- 100g grated parmesan
- 3tbsp chopped mint
- Heat the oil and cook the onion slowly until soft.
- Stir in the rice until coated.
- Add the stock, 1 ladle at a time, stirring until absorbed – keep going until it is all used.
- Add the peas and lemon. Lastly add the mint and 50g of the parmesan. Serve with a sprinkling of the remaining parmesan and some mint.