Classic side that we often forget. It’s the taste of my childhood!
- 2tbsp plain flour
- 50g baking butter
- ½ pint of milk
- 200g cheese, grated
- 1/4tsp cumin seeds
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 cauliflower cooked and cut into florets
- Put the cauliflower into an ovenproof dish. Melt the butter and stir in the flour until smooth.
- Add milk a little at a time, stirring constantly until it boils and begins to thicken.
- Stir in half the cheese. Allow to simmer, stirring for about 2mins.
- Pour over the cauliflower and sprinkle over the remaining cheese. Grill to brown