Smoky flavours, oozy cheese – what more do we want?
- 3 large potatoes, sliced and boiled until just tender
- 1tbsp oil
- 3 onions, diced
- 1 carton cannellini beans
- 1 carton butter beans
- 1 carton haricot beans
- 1 carton chopped tomatoes
- 2 balls mozzarella, sliced
- 1/4tbsp dried thyme
- 3tbsp tomato puree
- Fry the onion until soft. Add the beans, tomatoes, tomato puree, thyme and seasoning and simmer.
- Put a layer of potato on the base of an ovenproof dish. Top with the bean mixture. Follow with the final layer of potato. Brush with oil.
- Pop in the oven until browning.
- Remove, put the mozzarella on top and put in the oven again until melted. Serve with salad.