A simple one tray dinner that tastes superb!
- 1 whole roasting chicken
- Variety of veg – carrots, parsnips, leeks, onions, celery, potato etc
- 2tbsp oil
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- ½ lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- Put the roughly chopped veg in the bottom of a roasting tin. Sprinkle with 1tbsp oil and mix around.
- Add bay leaves and thyme.
- Put the chicken on top, spread over remaining oil and season. Put ½ a lemon and garlic cloves inside the chicken. Put in the oven at 200c for 30/40 minutes.
- Remove and cover with tin foil. Turn oven down to 160 and return to cook slowly for around 3hours.
- Remove, take off the foil and return to cook for a final 20mins.