This is a great alternative to a standard chicken pie and is a fab way to get some vegetables into your kids.
- 1 pack of ready roll short crust pastry
- 500g cooked chicken
- 2tbsp oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 red and green pepper, diced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 courgette, diced
- 2tbsp plain flour
- 250ml milk
- Handful frozen peas
- ½ small tin sweetcorn
- 1 egg
- Heat the oil in a pot and cook the veg until soft. Stir in the flour. Add the milk, stir gently until smooth.
- Add the chicken, peas and sweetcorn. Season and set aside.
- Line a pie dish with ½ the pastry, prick with a fork and cook until just turning brown. Remove from the oven and pour in the chicken mix. Cover with remaining pastry, sealing the edges well. Brush with the egg and cook until crisp and brown – around 20 mins.