Nothing says cold weather to me like risotto. It’s thick and rich with flavour and makes you warm from your head to your toes.
- 3tbsp oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g risotto rice
- 1000ml veg stock
- 1 jar roasted peppers, drained and chopped
- 30g parmesan, grated
- 2tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- Optional – dollops of soft goats cheese to serve
- Heat the oil. Fry the onion and garlic until translucent.
- Stir in the rice until covered. Gradually add the stock, 200ml at a time, stirring constantly until absorbed.
- Lastly stir through the peppers, herbs and cheese. Bowl up with crispy salad.