This is my take on a classic. It’s a great way to use left over rice or chicken. This is another ‘use what you have’ recipe. Mushrooms, green beans, asparagus etc
- 3tbsp oil
- 4 chicken breasts, cut in thin strips
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 80g frozen peas
- 80g frozen broad beans
- 1 stick of celery, sliced
- 2 peppers, diced
- ½ small tin of sweetcorn
- Small bunch of parsley and coriander
- 2tbsp soy
- Rice for 4
- Put the rice on to cook.
- Meanwhile, heat a pot of boiling water and cook the frozen peas and broad beans – drain.
- Heat 1tbsp oil in a pan and fry the chicken until browning, set aside.
- Heat remaining oil and cook all the onion, garlic and veg. Stir in the beans and sweetcorn along with the parsley and sweetcorn. Season well. Add the cooked chicken. Drain the rice and stir through gradually.