I love a meal like this. It works for lunch or dinner, and you can pack it into a picnic 🙂
Serves 3-4 (as a main but many more as a summer salad)
- 300g brown rice
- 1tsp each of turmeric and curry powder
- 2 cooked chicken breasts
- 1 carton black beans, drained
- 50g cashew nuts, chopped
- ½ pomegranate seeds
- Dressing – 2tbsp mango chutney
- 1tbsp oil
- 1/2tbsp curry powder
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Mix all the dressing ingredient together and set aside.
- Put the rice on to cook according to instructions, adding the turmeric and curry powder to the water. When ready, drain and tip into a big mixing bowl.
- Rinse the beans and stir through, along with the nuts and pomegranate seeds.
- Pour over the dressing and mix through. Serve warm or cold with lettuce wraps or wholemeal wraps.