This sounds a little wacky but I am a big halloumi lover and tend to eat vegetarian so I thought I would give it a go as an alternative and it worked!
Give it a go
- 4tbsp oil
- 2 blocks of halloumi, cut in chunks
- 8 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 peppers (any colour) cut in chunks
- 2 red onions, cut
- 1tsp turmeric
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tin coconut milk
- Rice to serve
- Heat 2tbsp of oil and cook the halloumi until golden. Lift out and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil. Add the garlic, onion and peppers and cook until soft (around 10 mins).
- Now stir in the spices, add the coconut milk and bring to a simmer for a further 10mins. Let cool and blitz.
- When ready to eat, heat the curry, stir in the halloumi and cook the rice.