This is a childhood classic in my family and what’s wonderful about it is you can use just about anything you have in the fridge.
- 4 peppers (red, yellow, orange)
- 100g brown rice, cooked
- 1tbsp oil
- I onion, diced
- 80g peas
- 100g sweetcorn
- 3 sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 50g grated cheese
- Heat the oil in a pot, stir in the onion and cook until soft, about five minutes.
- Add the rice, peas, corn and tomatoes, stir, pop on a lid and sweat for 10minutes.
- Halve and core the peppers and set on a lined baking sheet. Spoon the filing into the peppers and top with a sprinkling of cheese.
Tip – I have kept these flavours simple for children but you can jazz them up for adults if you prefer.