I love one pot wonders. Something that comes together and gets better as it sits. This means I can make it in advance and throw it together at the last minute. Yes please!
- 1tbsp oil
- 600g sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 carton kidney beans
- 1 carton black beans
- 1 carton chopped tomatoes
- 2tbsp tomato puree
- 2tsp smoked paprika
- 2tsp Worchester sauce
- 1 lime juiced
- 1tbsp maple syrup
- 1 small bunch of coriander, chopped leaves and stalks
- Put the potatoes in a pot of water and bring to the boil for around 15minutes, until cooked. Drain and mash with seasoning, set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pot and cook the onion, spring onions and pepper until soft.
- Pop on a lid and sweat for 5mins.
- Add the tomato puree, chopped tomatoes, Worchester sauce, paprika, maple and both beans. Stir and simmer with a lid on for 20minutes.
- When ready to eat. Pour the bean mix into an ovenproof dish and top with the potato. Bake in the oven for 30mins. Serve with salad.