I love tarts. These little individual ones are ideal for a summer garden tea. And so easy to put together.
- 1 pack of shortcrust pastry
- 1tbsp oil
- 2 courgettes, sliced
- 125g asparagus, cut into 2inch pieces
- Handful of spinach, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 200ml milk
- 100g ricotta
- Unroll the pastry and cut into 8 pieces. Place in tart tins, leaving pastry hanging over.
- Lay baking paper in each tin, fill with baking beans and bake for 15mins.
- Remove beans and paper and bake for a further 8min.
- Fry courgette and asparagus until golden, stir in spinach and allow to cool.
- Spoon some mixture into each tart.
- Beat together the eggs and milk and pour over the veg, almost to the top. Add pieces of ricotta and bake for 25mins or so. Serve with salad.