Oh yes – these are a little bite of heaven. Eat them hot, or cold. Make and pack for lunches, picnics or dinner with salad.
- 1 pack shortcrust pastry
- Sprinkling of basil and oregano
- 1tbsp oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 10 sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 6 tomatoes, chopped
- 1tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1tsp rosemary
- 1 mozzarella ball, diced
- 1 egg
- Heat the oil and cook the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, rosemary, vinegar and sweat with the lid on for ten minutes. Cool a little and blitz.
- Sprinkle the herbs over the pastry and press in gently.
- Dice the mozzarella and stir into the cooled mixture. Using a large cookie cutter, cut the pastry into rounds, lay on a lined tray and place 1tsp of filling on half of each round. Fold over the other side and press to close. Or put 1tbsp of filling in the centre of a round and place another round on the top, press the edges to close. Brush the tops with the egg. Bake for 15mins until golden.