Summer is here, it is time to bring out those salad bowls and enjoy them as a main, a lunch or a picnic.
- 1 carton of chickpeas, rinsed
- 125g asparagus spears, blanched and griddled
- 60g spinach
- 1 beetroot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cooked chicken breast, diced
- 4tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and drop in your asparagus, let it bubble for 2-3 mins, then remove with a slotted spoon.
- Heat a griddle pan and set the asparagus on to char, turning after a minute or so.
- Rinse the chickpeas and put in a big serving bowl. Add the spinach, chicken, beetroot and asparagus.
- Mix the lemon and oil together with seasoning. Pour over and enjoy. Pop in a lidded container for the following days lunch.