This is the perfect summer dinner. Fresh light flavours that you can have place in the center of the table and let people help themselves.
- 8 chicken thighs
- 2tbsp oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1tbsp cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Firstly heat the oil in a pan and sear the thighs until going crisp and brown. This takes about 5mins per side.
- Meanwhile, slice the fennel and garlic and scatter it on the base of an ovenproof dish. When the chicken is ready, lay it on top, pouring over any juices.
- Scatter with the cardamom pods. Scrape over the lemon zest, squeeze over the juice and season well. Pop in the oven for 30-40minutes until cooked. Serve with couscous, salad or tossed potatoes as the juices are delicious