Marinade and leave it until ready. Fresh light flavours that hit the plate fast.
- 4 chicken breasts or boneless thighs
- Thumb sized piece of ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4tbsp soy sauce
- 4tbsp sherry
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 300ml chicken stock
- 1tbsp corn flour mixed in 1tbsp water
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, diced
- Rice or couscous to serve
- Mix the ginger, garlic, soy, sherry, lemon zest and juice and stock in a pan and bring to a simmer.
- Stir through the corn flour until beginning to thicken. Turn off the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Slice the meat three times diagonally and place in an ovenproof dish. Pour over the marinade and pop in the fridge until ready to eat.
- When ready, stir in half the chopped chilli and half the spring onion, mix well and place in the oven for around 45mins (turning occasionally). When cooked, top with the remaining chilli and onion and serve with salad.