Indulgent. NO refined sugars. Who ever said eating healthy wasn’t fun??
- 200g wholemeal plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 4tbsp cacao powder
- Pinch of salt
- 100ml maple syrup
- 4tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 egg
- Filling – 80g medjool dates, soaked
- 100g almond butter
- 20g dark chocolate (melted)
- First – make your cookies. Mix all the dry ingredient together. Mix all the wet together. Combine.
- Get in there with your hands and pull it all together. Then tear off small handfuls, roll into a rough ball shape and set it on a lined tray, pressing it flat with the heel of your hand. Pop it in the oven for 10mins. Remove and let cool.
- Meanwhile, soak the dates in boiling water for 5minutes. Drain and put them in a food processor along with the nut butter and melted chocolate. Pulse until it comes together.
- Spread a thick layer on top of one cookie and sandwich another on top. Continue until finished.