Simple, fresh flavours that really compliment each other – shallots, lemon and herbs.
- 1tbsp oil
- 6 banana shallots
- 3 chicken breasts, diced
- 150ml white wine
- 150ml lemon juice
- 1 handful chopped parsley
- 1 handful chopped fresh oregano and lemon balm (if you can’t source lemon balm make it all oregano)
- 2/3 soda farl, blitzed to breadcrumbs
- 1 knob of butter
- 400g fine egg noodles
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the shallots until soft.
- Stir in the chicken and cook until it is tender and beginning to colour. Add the wine, lemon juice and herbs and let simmer with a lid on while you prepare the rest.
- Cook the noodles according to instructions.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and stir in the breadcrumbs, cook until beginning to brown and crisp – remove from the heat. Drain the noodles and stir in the chicken mixture. Divide onto plates and top with the crispy breadcrumbs. Mmmmm