These are crunchy, with a chew. A lovely clean snack to enjoy that are so simple to knock together and what’s more, they are nut free so can be slipped into a lunchbox as a treat.
- 75g puffed brown rice (I use naked)
- 50g coconut sugar
- I egg
- 1/2tsp vanilla essence
- 1 heaped dessertspoonful coconut oil, melted
- 25g desiccated coconut, plus extra to sprinkle
- Melted dark chocolate to dip as required
- Melted dark chocolate to drizzle
- Mix the eggs, sugar, coconut oil and vanilla until a smooth paste.
- Blitz the puffed rice in a food processer until well broken down but still a little crunchy. Add to the wet mix, along with the desiccated coconut and stir to mix.
- Press well into a lined brownie tray and bake for 10 minutes. Remove for the oven, press down firmly to tighten the mix and replace for a further ten minutes. Leave to cool in the fridge.
- Once completely cold, melt the chocolate in the microwave and drizzle. Return to the fridge and slice as required.
- TIP – Leave them thicker for extra chew