These are the best! They can be prepped ahead and popped in the oven at the last minute. What is better, is they keep in the fridge for a handy packed lunch or picnic.
- 2 cartons cannolini beans
- 2tbsp tomato puree
- 150g sundried tomato paste
- 1tsp cumin
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- Handful spinach
- 100g feta, diced
- 1 roll short crust pastry
- 1 egg
- A sprinkling of mixed seeds or black onion seeds.
- Put the beans, cumin, tomato puree and sundried paste into a food processor and blitz.
- Pour it into a pot, along with the chopped tomatoes and spinach. If you are leaving it until later, set it aside now.
- Otherwise, heat it through, stir in the feta and unroll your pastry. Slice the pastry into roughly three rectangles and then again, directly across the middle so you have 6 small pieces.
- Crack the egg into a bowl and stir with a spoon. Now using your fingers or a brush, run the egg along all the edges. Put a small spoonful of the mix into the center of each square and pull all four corners together to lift it onto a baking sheet, then squeeze along the joins to seal. Repeat for all parcels. Lastly, gently brush the egg over the surface and sprinkle with seeds. Cook for around 15-20mins.