Who doesn’t LOVE a ginger nut? They crack and fill your mouth with yummmm. These are my first step toward getting them healthy and maintaining the snap! Watch this space.
- 100g self raising flour
- 1/2tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1tsp ground ginger
- 1/2tsp nutmeg
- 1/2tsp allspice
- 50g light muscovado
- 50g butter, softened
- 3tbsp maple syrup
- Line a sheet with baking paper. Mix all the dry ingredient in a bowl.
- Soften the butter in the microwave and pour it into the mix. Using your fingers, rub it into breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the maple syrup. Using your hands again, squeeze it into a dough.
- Pull off small amounts (around 1tbsp sized) and squeeze it into a rough ball shape. Set it on the tray and flatten it with the heel of your hand. Repeat this until all the mixture is finished. Sprinkle with some demerara if you like. Pop in the oven for 7-10min. Check them because they can burn very quickly. Leave to cool completely.