This is just the thing for a cold night. I needed some of this!
- 1tbsp coconut oil
- 2 thumbsized pieces of ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 lemongrass stalks, the woody exterior removed and then quartered lengthways
- 1tsp fennel seeds
- 300ml veg stock
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1tsp soy sauce
- 1tbsp brown sugar
- 125g baby corn
- 100g sugar snaps
- 100g tenderstem broccoli, halved
- 1 carrot cut into matchsticks
- ½ a fennel bulb, sliced
- 2 thin rice noodle nests
- juice of 1 lime, plus wedges to serve
- There looks like there’s a lot of ingredient here, but really it’s simple. Toast the ginger, garlic, lemongrass, fennel seeds in the coconut oil until fragrant.
- Add the stock, milk, soy, lime, sugar and all the veg. Bring to a simmer.
- Cook the noodles according to pack and add to the pot. Simmer until vegetables are tender. Serve with lime wedges.