My oh my but every now and then you come up with something and just think – oh yes, this is it, this is what heaven tastes like!!
- 2tbsp oil
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 carton black beans
- 200g salsa (shop bought)
- 1 carton chopped tomatoes
- 2tsp cumin
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 1tsp paprika
- Grating of cheese
- Serve with – shredded lettuce, chopped avocado, cheese, wraps or lettuce wraps
- Heat the oil in a medium sized pot and sautee the potatoes for 5-7 minutes, until starting to soften. Stir in the peppers and garlic and cook for a minute.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, salsa and spices and pop on the lid. Let simmer for 20minutes.
- When ready to serve, grate the cheese over the top, turn off the heat and replace the lid for a few minutes to let the cheese melt. Serve with your choice of sides.