Would you believe there are NO REFINED SUGARS in these beauties ( I have to call them that because they are so delicious) I used the star anise to give a warm, chocolaty snap that will melt with a hot drink. So winter perfect!
- 40g oats, blitzed to flour
- 10g ground almonds
- 10g organic cocoa (I use green & blacks)
- 50ml maple syrup
- 1/2tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2tsp ground star anise (I grind my own with a pestle and mortar but crust them any way you can to get little crumbs)
- Blitz the oats to flour in a food processor.
- Add everything else and pulse until a dough.
- Now this is super sticky so flour a piece of baking paper, flour the rolling pin and sprinkle flour over the turned out dough and roll to 2cm think. Cut with your chosen cutter and place on a lined baking sheet. Bake for 15-20minutes.